Monday, February 11, 2008

Eek -- Forgot Thank You Note

I visited Duke a few weeks ago and interviewed with a current student while I was there. Just a few moments ago it hit me: I never emailed him to say thank you.

What's more, I have lost his business card. I think I put it in the information packet they gave me. But the information packet was completely useless -- nothing in it was informative -- so I threw it away. :(

Is there anything I can/should do at this point? I don't remember his name, only that he was a second year student. It's also been so long that I'm not sure it's a good idea to email now even if I do find his email address.

Any thoughts?

1 comment:

JulyDream said...

You have two choices A) you don't worry about it or B) contact admissions and simply explain that you have lost your interviewer's contact information and have a question for him/her.

Thank you notes are always nice, but you don't want it to seem like a forgotten thought. If you could slyly get the person's physical address, I always think a nice handwritten note is welcomed. I'm not sure what percentage of b-school applicants write thank yous. At this point, you may be better off leaving it be as you want it to seem natural and not forced. At least it's something you can do differently during your next interview.