Tuesday, March 25, 2008

First thoughts post-admits

To start with, I am thrilled. I was so worried that I wouldn't get in anywhere!

It is so much more fun considering where to go than it is considering where you will or won't get in.

So to dive right in: Right now I am thinking Dartmouth or Chicago.

I really like UVA -- just not as much as I liked Dartmouth and Chicago. I'm not sure why, but I am sure of it.

I wasn't happy with Duke. My experience there when I visited was disappointing, and there were times when I considered withdrawing my application altogether. It would have been good to visit before applying, but that wasn't possible given my travel schedule.

So that's where my head is right now. I'm going to try to visit both Dartmouth and Chicago. I'm not sure if it'll prove problematic that Dartmouth wants an answer BEFORE Chicago's admitted students weekend. I am hoping they'll give me a few more days.

I'm also drawing up a pros and cons list, which I'll share soon.

In the meantime I would love to hear people's early thoughts!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

There were few bloggers who had the same dilemma ofDartmouth or Chi. Try these keywords sghama or vatsa MBA in google. Both of them(from what is written in their blogs). Just my cents.
Awesome position to be in.

Samantha said...

what didn't you like about Duke? I have a feeling it's not for me so I'm not applying, but I'd be curious to hear your opinion after visiting.

Anonymous said...

super congrats on all ur admits!
esp for chicago :-)
wtg, 4/8 is damn cool !!!
i guess its gonna be GSB or Tuck for you now (depending on your career goals, fit, etc)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your achievement. Though it is a tough decision anyone would like to be in your shoes. Do share your thoughts on Chicago vs Tuck.

Regards

wip3out said...

Congrats!

I have to decide between Tuck, Haas and Ross with differing scholarships. Right now, I am leaning towards Tuck, but I have never visited and I believe it's a school you have to have seen before deciding to stay there two years.

Are you attending Tuck ASW?

theincarnated said...

Congrats a plenty........ many people will kill to be in such a dillemma..... :P ...... i suggest you read this

jatwarrior.blogspot.com/

This person also had the same dillemma....... he eventually chose tuck......keep us informed...

Ameya said...

"Pat Pat Pat..." ... Well, thats three pats on your back... awesome going girl. Wish admits were transferable. I would have tried to woo you to tranfer one across (UVA for me!)
Anyway, jokes apart, your admit list is just amazing and moreover, one that now requires quite some brain tickling. Wish you get to the best decision soon.
Keep writing
~a

wanderlust said...

Congrats on all your admits. I hope to see you in Chicago this Septemeber. :)