Friday, December 28, 2007

Only Kellogg Remains

I'm ready to hit submit on Stanford, UVA, and Tuck. I'm feeling great about each and every single one of them. I have really done everything I possibly can. And I have turned out some really nice essays.

Kellogg is still outstanding, but it's not due until Jan 11. Plus, the essays all overlap with other schools, so there's less greenfield writing to do.

At this point my thoughts are turning a bit toward likely outcomes.

Here are the schools I'm applying to in order of my perceived likelihood of admission, which may be completely off base:

1. Duke
2. UVA
3. Kellogg
4. Berkeley
5. Tuck
6. Harvard
7. Stanford

And here are the schools I'm applying to in order of present preference (I say present because this seems to change nearly every day):

1. Harvard
2. Stanford
3. Tuck
4. Kellogg
5. UVA
6. Berkeley
7. Duke

You may find it interesting that these lists are almost perfectly inverted. I just find it annoying!

2 comments:

mbabound said...

Holy moly! That's a lot of schools and a lot of essays! Good luck :)

Annie G said...

Hi Sustained Agony,

Based on my experience in R1, the schools you are admitted to or rejected from may be less intuitive than you think. Not knowing my chances, I applied to a similar list to yours (HBS, Stanford, Wharton, Berkeley, Kellogg), assuming that I had stronger chances at the final 2 and that the first 3 were a reach. In the end, I was admitted to HBS and Wharton, declined at Stanford, and waitlisted at the other 2. Not what I expected, but worked out for the best given that HBS was my first choice.

You have a really impressive profile so I am sure that, in the end, you'll be taking your pick among several.

Perhaps I'll see you at HBS in the fall! :-)

AG427