Sunday, December 16, 2007

The Starting Point

There's no way around it: I've got to blog about my MBA applications.

I'm starting to do so pretty late in the process. I'm past the point of pondering whether to apply, wondering which schools to apply to, or even worry much about what to write. At this point I'm writing essays and submitting apps for Round 2 at seven schools.

Yes, I said seven. I really want to go business school, and I don't have a good sense of what my chances are.

Here are the schools I'm shooting for and a brief run down on what I've done so far for that school:

  • Berkeley: Visited, submitted app.
  • Dartmouth: Visited, interviewed, wrote essays, haven't yet submitted app.
  • Duke: Submitted application.
  • Harvard: Visited (3x -- I live in Boston), submitted app.
  • Northwestern: Submitted Part I.
  • Stanford: Visited.
  • UVA: Wrote essays, close to submitting app.

My stats:
28, Harvard, consultant, 730, 3.3.

No comments: