Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Last app submitted!

Hooray! I just pressed "submit" on the University of Chicago application. I am very pleased with how it turned out, especially given that I only chose to apply to Chicago about a week ago. Either the Chicago application was a lot simpler than other schools or else I've gotten frighteningly good at this. Or maybe I just missed stuff! (Perish the thought.)

If you've been reading this blog, you know that I have trouble not letting my feelings toward application influence my feelings toward the school. Well, Chicago's app definitely made a good impression. A lot of the little quirks in other school's online applications were absent from Chicago's.

It is stunning to be done. Eight applications all in round 2 was an awful lot. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with myself now, other than worry. And, of course, prepare for interviews. I have Kellogg and Duke coming up.

Meanwhile, I'm wondering what to get my recommenders. I have some ideas, but I'm wondering what other people have done. I don't want to do anything offensively lavish, but I want to show just how ridiculously grateful I am! Your suggestions much appreciated!

2 comments:

tinydancer said...

For my boss, I got a $50 gift card to a restaurant I know he likes. My other recommender lives far away, so I sent a $50 thank you gift basket.

mbabound said...

For my current manager, I spent about $80 on a good bottle of wine. For my old manager who now lives on the East Cost, I sent a $100 cigar gift basket since I know he likes that stuff.