Monday, January 14, 2008

What News When?

I've assembled the key dates that I know of so far:

  • Jan 30: Chicago interview invites start going out
  • Early Feb: Berkeley interview invites start going out
  • Feb 20: Chicago mid-decision point (no interview invite by this date = ding)
  • Mar 7: Duke decision
  • Mar 19: Darden decision
  • Mar 21: Tuck decision
  • Mar 24: Berkeley decision
  • Mar 26: Harvard decision, Chicago decision (if interviewed)
  • Mar 31: Kellogg decision
  • Apr 3: Stanford decision

I find it interesting how much the time it takes these guys to make decisions varies. The Berkeley R2 application deadline was Dec 11, but they don't decide any sooner for all that extra time.

I also really appreciate Chicago's mid-decision points. I've seen the BW forum postings where people hold out hope they'll still get into schools at which they weren't invited to interview. They're usually desperately asking whether there are still interview invitations going out -- and who knows, maybe there are.

The good news is that I'll be traveling during most of this period, which will keep my mind off of things. I'll be with clients all day for some of these days. I can easily envision myself fighting back the desire to log in and check my status.

1 comment:

Maxwriter said...

I think the interview assignment is done in order of your Part I application. Rest of the things are random. But, naturally people who are done with their interview early should expect to get their decisions earlier. I applied on a day before the Part I deadline and hence, have heard nothing about interview yet. All the best!